An editor who loves fantasy, romance, and science fiction and wants to watch your vision run wild!
Comprehensive Developmental & Copy Editing
When I edit a story, I find it impossible to do “just” a single type of edit. Sure, you’ll find I read for grammar, spelling, consistency, and any outstanding issues; however, I also tend to give comments on what I like as well as what may be confusing or needs reworking. My style tends to combine the more bigger picture developmental editing with a detail-oriented copy edit. Each edit includes:
- Checking for grammar, punctuation, and spelling issues
- Consistency checks for capitalization (especially in fantasy/science fiction) and word usage
- Noting what works well. Did you make me laugh? Am I tearing up? Did I love a specific turn of phrase?
- Alert you to passages which may be confusing or need reworking. Maybe I know what you mean, but it’s not just coming across that clearly.
- Notification of consistent or spot issues with POV, characterization, scene setting, plot development, or world building.
- Limited fact checking if something doesn’t “sound” right.
- Notations of excessive passive voice or where active voice makes the story stronger.
I do all edits in Word with TRACK CHANGES turned on. I find this makes it easier for you to go through the story, make any changes, as well as see directly where comments apply.
I’m familiar with both British and American English. I believe that rainbows are colorful, as well as colourful.
Just the best there is...
< 20,000 words is $0.003/word
20,000 to 25,000 words –> $75
25,0001 to 50,000 words –> $150
50,001 to 75,000 words –> $225
75,0001 to 100,000 words –> $300
100,001 to 125,000 words –> $375
125,001 to 150,000 words –> $450
150,001 to 175,000 words –> $525
175,001 to 200,000 words –> $600
Over 200,001 words? Contact for price.
Ask me about my multiple book and returning customer discounts. I also provide discounts for referrals.
My pricing philosophy is simple. Everyone deserves quality editing without breaking their budget or going into debt.
With this in mind, I’ve priced my work what I feel is fair and affordable. Because my prices are so low, for anything under $75, I require a payment in full. I’ll invoice you. Above $75, there will be a deposit of 50% due at the time of scheduling and 50% due within 72 hours of receiving the completed edits. If you need a payment plan, talk to me. We can work something out. Invoices will be sent and can be paid by credit card or PayPal. There is an agreement that I’ll send to make sure we’re all on the same page.