An editor who loves fantasy, romance, and science fiction and wants to watch your vision run wild!
Comprehensive Developmental & Copy Editing
When I edit a story, I find it impossible to do “just” a single type of edit. Sure, you’ll find I read for grammar, spelling, consistency, and any outstanding issues; however, I also tend to give comments on what I like as well as what may be confusing or needs reworking. My style tends to combine the more bigger picture developmental editing with a detail-oriented copy edit. Each edit includes:
- Checking for grammar, punctuation, and spelling issues
- Consistency checks for capitalization (especially in fantasy/science fiction) and word usage
- Noting what works well. Did you make me laugh? Am I tearing up? Did I love a specific turn of phrase?
- Alert you to passages which may be confusing or need reworking. Maybe I know what you mean, but it’s not just coming across that clearly.
- Notification of consistent or spot issues with POV, characterization, scene setting, plot development, or world building.
- Limited fact checking if something doesn’t “sound” right.
- Notations of excessive passive voice or where active voice makes the story stronger.
I do all edits in Word with TRACK CHANGES turned on. I find this makes it easier for you to go through the story, make any changes, as well as see directly where comments apply.
I’m familiar with both British and American English. I believe that rainbows are colorful, as well as colourful.
Sample edits of 1000 words are available. Please indicate on the inquiry form if you’re interested.
Should the sample sent exceed 1000 words, I will only edit the first 1000 or to the most logical paragraph ending point. Thank you for understanding.
Just the best there is...
< 20,000 words is $0.004/word
20,000 to 25,000 words –> $82.50
25,0001 to 50,000 words –> $165
50,001 to 75,000 words –> $247.50
75,0001 to 100,000 words –> $330
100,001 to 125,000 words –> $412.50
125,001 to 150,000 words –> $495
150,001 to 175,000 words –> $577.50
175,001 to 200,000 words –> $660
Over 200,001 words? Contact for price.
Authors will receive a repeat customer discount on subsequent projects after the first completed, paid edit. Authors also receive a discount for referring me for each edit that’s successfully booked and completed (including paid in full).
My pricing philosophy is simple. Everyone deserves quality editing without breaking their budget or going into debt.
With this in mind, I’ve priced my work what I feel is fair and affordable. Because my prices are so low, for anything under $75, I require a payment in full. I’ll invoice you. Above $75, there will be a deposit of 25% due at the time of scheduling and 75% due within 72 hours of receiving the completed edits. If you need a payment plan, talk to me. We can work something out. Invoices will be sent and can be paid by credit card or PayPal. There is an agreement that I’ll send to confirm agreements and all payment plans must be created before editing begins.